One phrase we don’t like is ‘soft skills’.
We think it underplays the value such skills can bring to the workplace and suggests that they are somehow ‘optional’, or less important than ‘hard’, technical skills.
Rather, we see these skills as augmenting a professional’s existing experience and technical ability. Our own experience as people development professionals has demonstrated that these are the kind of skills our delegates wish they’d learnt much earlier in their careers – and not through trial and error!
So, there’s nothing ‘soft’ about these professional effectiveness skills – they represent valuable additional tools for any professional’s toolkit. We help delegates improve their communication, manage difficult workplace relationships, and effectively convince important stakeholders. All of which are key to being effective in the modern work environment.
Our Professional Effectiveness courses
- Managing Relationships – learn to develop and manage your key relationships.
- Managing Emotions – develop self-awareness and management of difficult emotions.
- Developing Others – basic coaching and development skills for managers.
- Difficult Conversations – learn how to challenge and provide helpful and actionable feedback.
- Presentation Skills – learn to develop and deliver engaging presentations.
- Influencing & Negotiating – learn to use a range of methods to have impact with others.
- Interview Skills – key interviewing skills for recruiting new team members.
- Assessor Skills – learn the essentials of assessing applicants in recruitment contexts.
- Facilitation Skills – learn how to facilitate a group discussion or workshop.