Austin is a Chartered Psychologist and Associate Fellow with the British Psychological Society, Chartered Scientist, Registered Industrial-Organizational Psychologist and Associate Fellow with the Hong Kong Psychological Society and Registered Psychologist with the Singapore Psychological Society. He is also a founding member of the European Mentoring Coaching Council, Asia Pacific Region.
He is an ACT practitioner and has an interest in workplace bullying. His PhD focused on helping bullied individuals to deal with residual psychological impacts by improving their psychological flexibility. He has contributed articles to both print and online media on issues related to psychometric assessments, talent retention and outplacement.
Austin has 26 years of working experience across various specialisations including C-Level executive assessments, executive coaching, career management and outplacement, volume psychological assessment, training, project management, sales and marketing, business development and operations.
Before becoming a Psychologist, Austin has held various senior sales and business development positions both in Singapore and Hong Kong in the Security, Construction and Food & Beverage industries.
Austin combines his knowledge of psychology and business understanding to help organisations identify and develop talents. He has worked with organisations and individual executives across Pharmaceutical, Oil and Gas, Insurance, Manufacturing, Retail, FMCG, Telecommunications, Finance, Legal and Media industries.
Austin is trilingual and has extensive experience working on projects in Asia Pac and Greater China regions.
Below is a breakdown of Austin’s professional accreditations:
- CPsychol – Chartered Psychologist, British Psychological Society
- Associate Fellow, British Psychological Society
- RIOP – Registered Industrial-Organizational Psychologist, Hong Kong Psychological Society
- Associate Fellow, Hong Kong Psychological Society
- Registered Psychologist – The Singapore Psychological Society
- Chartered Scientist, The Science Council
- Associate Member, American Psychological Association
- Associate Member, Society of Industrial and Organizational Psychology
- Professional Member, The Hong Kong Institute of Human Resources Management
Below is a breakdown of Austin’s qualifications:
- PhD in Organizational Psychology, Birkbeck, University of London
- MSc in Psychology of Work, University of Leicester
- PgDL in Law, The College of Law, London
- LLM in International and Commercial Law, University of Buckingham
- BSc Psychology with Socio-Legal Studies, University of Buckingham
- Level A & Level B Certificate of Competence in Occupational Testing, British Psychological Society
- Registered Practitioner of Psychological Testing Center, the British Psychological Society
- European Test User Certificate (Level 2): Work and Organisational Assessment
- Certified in a suite of psychometric tools : Talent Q, Wave, SHL, 15PF, Identity, Apollo, Hogan and Cubiks