Ep 025: What’s holding you back?
In this episode of ‘My Pocket Psych’ (our 25th!!!), Richard and Pilar discuss the factors that can hold us back from taking action on our own development.
These include fear of discomfort, a tendency to procrastinate or a lack of clarity on what really matters to us. Our discussion is framed around three recent blog posts Richard wrote for the WiseAmigo blog.
We also discuss Richard’s visit to Bucharest, his terrible sleep habits and the new ‘Coach on Campus’ coaching proposition from WorkLifePsych.
My Pocket Psych is presented by Dr. Richard MacKinnon and Pilar Orti and brought to you by the people development specialists at WorkLifePsych. To find out more about our coaching, training and development solutions, simply visit us at WorkLifePsych.com.
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- The new ‘Coach on Campus’ solution from WorkLifePsych: https://www.worklifepsych.com/coaching/coach-on-campus/
- Richard’s posts on the WiseAmigo blog: https://blog.wiseamigo.com/taking-action-on-your-development-1/
- Our podcast episode all about values (it starts with a discussion about work-life balance!): https://pca.st/2Ybj
- Our episode all about procrastination: https://pca.st/87Uk
- A blog post about Richard’s presentation on skills for the future at the recent WiseAmigo event: https://blog.wiseamigo.com/future-of-work/
- Date November 21, 2018
- Tags Development, Psychological Flexibility