Ep 034: A Productive 2019 – Presence
Welcome to another episode of ‘My Pocket Psych’, where this time we discuss: talking to your to-do list, keeping digital notes, welcoming a four-day week and how flexible working arrangements can reinforce gender stereotypes. Whew!
All that and a look at the importance of a mindful focus on our tasks to support productivity.
We’d love to hear about your productivity challenges or your tips for getting more of the right stuff done. And when it comes to the principle of presence, what interferes with your focus? What distracts you? You can tweet us your thoughts or questions @MyPocketPsychor send us a longer message via the contact page on WorkLifePsych.com
‘My Pocket Psych’ is brought to you by the development specialists at WorkLifePsych. We work at the intersection of wellbeing, productivity and professional effectiveness, providing coaching, structured development and training. Find out more at WorkLifePsych.com
Resources we mentioned in this episode:
- ‘The case for digital notes’: https://evernote.com/blog/the-case-for-digital-notes/
- Use Alexa to add tasks to ToDoist: https://youtu.be/UPTvLDUylQA
- Wellcome Trust 4-day week: https://amp.theguardian.com/money/2019/jan/18/tgi-thursday-major-uk-employer-mulls-four-day-week
- Flexible working can reinforce gender stereotypes: https://theconversation.com/amp/flexible-working-can-reinforce-gender-stereotypes-109158
- The importance of trust in leadership when it comes to organisational change: https://scienceforwork.com/blog/trust-in-leadership-change/
- Personal Development at work meetup: https://www.meetup.com/Personal-Development-at-Work/events/258786299/
- Speaking at the CIPD Festival of Work in June (12/13): http://www.festivalofwork.com
- The importance of Presence when it comes to productivity: https://www.worklifepsych.com/free-resources-on-psychological-flexibility/
- Client Welcome to another episode of ‘My Pocket Psych’, where this time we discuss: talking to your to-do list, keeping digital notes, welcoming a four-day week and how flexible working arrangements can reinforce gender stereotypes.
- Date February 20, 2019
- Tags Productivity