Ep 118: Your productivity toolkit
In this episode, Richard and Pilar look at the essentials of any productivity toolkit: a place to keep tasks, a place to keep track of commitments and a place to keep notes.
With so many apps available, it can be overwhelming to choose what’s best. We look at some of our favourites and explain how they can support your productivity. They go from the totally free through to apps that need some investment.
We’d love to hear about your productivity app recommendations and why they help you get your important stuff done. You can get in touch on Twitter @MyPocketPsych or send us an email at podcast at WorkLifePsych dot com.
Thanks for listening!
Resources mentioned in this episode
Task management apps
- Apple Reminders: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/reminders/id1108187841
- “How to level up Apple Reminders”: https://youtu.be/qwM8TlR8fk0
- Todoist: https://todoist.com
- Things 3: https://culturedcode.com/things/
- Microsoft ToDo: https://todo.microsoft.com/tasks/
- Omnifocus: https://www.omnigroup.com/omnifocus/
- Trello: https://trello.com
- Remarkable tablet: https://remarkable.com
- Apple’s calendar app: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/calendar/welcome/mac
- Google Calendar: https://www.google.com/calendar/about/
- Microsoft Outlook: https://outlook.live.com/owa/
- Fantastical: https://flexibits.com/fantastical
- Schedule Once: https://www.oncehub.com
- You can book me: https://youcanbook.me
- Blog post about the Eisenhower matrix: https://www.worklifepsych.com/whats-the-difference-between-urgent-and-important/
- Microsoft OneNote: https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/microsoft-365/onenote/digital-note-taking-app
- Apple Notes: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/notes/id1110145109
- Google Keep: https://www.google.com/keep/
- Evernote: https://evernote.com
- Craft Docs: https://www.craft.do
- Bear Notes: https://bear.app
- Zoho notebooks: https://www.zoho.com/notebook/
- Pocket: https://getpocket.com/
- Date September 8, 2022
- Tags Productivity