Ep 029: Surviving Business Travel
Welcome to episode 29 of ‘My Pocket Psych’. This time round, we’re focusing on business travel and how to survive it. Richard is joined by Dr. Rachel Lewis, whose research into the effects of business travel has recently been in the news.
We discuss both why business travel can be bad for us, but also what we can do about it. Big thanks to Rachel for making the time to join us.
Meanwhile, Richard shares his day at the CIPD Northern Ireland Conference in Belfast and we discuss our experience of developing a more mindful and aware relationship with our mobile devices.
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Dr. Rachel Lewis, Kingston Business School
- International SOS press release on the business travel research: ‘Uncovered: the behavioural and psychological effects of international business travel’
- Psychological implications of business travel study report
- CIPD Northern Ireland Conference site
- Richard’s blog post about the conference, ‘Astronauts, Dinosaurs and Neuroscience 101 in Belfast’.
- Date December 6, 2018
- Tags Wellbeing