Ep 041: Does coaching work?
Welcome to episode 41 of My Pocket Psych. In this episode, Richard and Pilar ask the fundamental question: does coaching work? And as you might imagine, it’s not a yes/no answer.
We also cover wellbeing, productivity and effectiveness news and reflect on what a positive coaching experience is really about.
Resources covered in this episode:
Does coaching work?
- Science for Work summary of the evidence for workplace coaching: https://scienceforwork.com/blog/workplace-coaching-success/
- Pillars of Productivity training course: https://www.worklifepsych.com/pillarsofproductivity/
- Psychology for Business meetup in Dublin: https://www.meetup.com/Psychology-for-Business/
- WorkLifePsych wellbeing training courses, including ‘Resilience 101’: http://www.worklifepsych.com/solutions/wellbeing/wellbeing-courses/
- Stress at work linked to poor management: https://www.hrreview.co.uk/hr-news/rise-in-stress-at-work-linked-to-poor-management-new-research-finds
- It Doesn’t Have to be Crazy at Work by Jason Fried: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/0008323445/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_9g29CbT5GWXZ0
- Screen use and sleep in teenagers, The Guardian: https://www.theguardian.com/society/2019/may/20/limiting-screen-use-may-improve-teenagers-sleep-blue-light?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other
- The latest episode of WorkLife with Adam Grant covers some really common myths and fads in the workplace. A great episode for non-psychologists to hear some critique of common misunderstandings: https://pca.st/E3EP
- Pilar recommends Zig Zag: https://pca.st/episode/91404aee-cf10-4128-9b0a-3a3787961ff9
- Date June 5, 2019
- Tags Coaching