Ep 044: Addictions in the workplace with Rodney Collins
Welcome to episode 44 of My Pocket Psych, which this time features a guest interview with Rodney Collins, psychotherapist and coach.
Rodney specialises in supporting clients with additions and he and Richard discuss the impact of addictions in the workplace. We look at workplace factors that can support substance abuse and what happens when organisations don’t intervene and support their employees experiencing addiction.
Resources for this episode
- You can find out all about Rodney and his approach to working with addictions on his website, http://www.phocuslife.com. You can find him on Twitter @PhocusLife.
If the discussion in this episode has resonated with you , either in terms of your own use of substances or that of a loved one or colleague, you may find the following resources useful:
- Alcoholics Anonymous – https://www.alcoholics-anonymous.org.uk
- Narcotics Anonymous – https://ukna.org
- A list of resources from Mind, the mental health charity – https://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/guides-to-support-and-services/addiction-and-dependency/#.XTlHTC2ZNBw
- NHS resources on addiction – https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/healthy-body/drug-addiction-getting-help/
- Date July 25, 2019
- Tags Wellbeing