Ep 107: Dealing with self-limiting beliefs
Welcome to episode 107, where we look at how to deal with the self-limiting beliefs that can get in the way of what we want to do. We discussed how personality assessment can lead to unintentionally over-simplified views of ourselves back in episode 106. But these aren’t the only source of over-simplified views.
Richard and Pilar explore some ways to get a more nuanced and complete view of ourselves so we can see the bigger picture and sidestep limiting thoughts. This touches on seeing our thoughts for what they are, but also gaining an appreciation for the complexity of our self-concept – all the many, many aspects of us what make us who we are.
As ever, thanks for listening!
Resources covered in this episode
- Indistractable, by Nir Eyal: https://www.nirandfar.com/indistractable/
- Ep 106 – Being your own boss, with Dr. Hayley Lewis https://www.worklifepsych.com/podcast/106/
- Ep 095 – ‘Can a manager be a coach?’: https://www.worklifepsych.com/podcast/095/
- Ep 103 – Personality: don’t fence me in: https://www.worklifepsych.com/podcast/103/
- Date March 9, 2022
- Tags Psychological Flexibility