Ep 079: Productivity when working from home
Welcome to the latest episode in our series about working effectively from home. This time we turn our attention to working productively when at home – not being a superhuman powerhouse, but simply getting the right things done in the right, at the right time.
Our homes can be a real source of distraction – both external and internal – so it pays to be work on minimising the distractions in your control. We can also lapse into procrastination without the physical presence of our office colleagues, or forget about our interdependence with others and end up focusing only on our own priorities.
Just like our physical and psychological wellbeing, it’s worth reflecting on our home-working habits and looking for small ways we can make a difference to our focus and our efficiency.
Resources mentioned in this episode
- ‘The Pillars of Productivity’ summary: https://www.worklifepsych.com/pillarsofproductivity/
- ‘Beating Procrastination’ webinar recording: https://youtu.be/SXZGkKariGo
- ‘The Rise and Fall of Getting Things Done’: https://www.newyorker.com/tech/annals-of-technology/the-rise-and-fall-of-getting-things-done
- World of Work Podcast episode about Procrastination: https://www.podchaser.com/podcasts/the-world-of-work-podcast-1108610/episodes/e099-procrastination-w-dr-rich-78397125
- World of Work Podcast episode about Anxiety: https://www.podchaser.com/podcasts/the-world-of-work-podcast-1108610/episodes/anxiety-w-richard-mackinnon-80496509
- ‘Productivity Nannies’ article from Wired: https://www.wired.co.uk/article/productivity-nanny-work-smarter?utm_source=Paiger&utm_medium=Referralhttps://www.wired.co.uk/article/productivity-nanny-work-smarter?utm_source=Paiger&utm_medium=Referral
- Date January 21, 2021
- Tags Productivity, Working from Home